keyboard!!

Gary Kline kline at thought.org
Thu Jul 31 22:23:19 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 10:57:31PM +0200, Roland Smith wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 01:39:17PM -0700, Gary Kline wrote:
> >
> > 	hi people,
> >
> > 	a friend gave me two of his old dell keyboards; one of which has
> > 	worked pretty well.  trouble is that is it very large-- std??
> > 	travel-time is just that much more    since i am using only my
> > 	left hand.  Soooo: i'mm looking for a compact keyboard with
> > 	built-in clicky keys.
>
> A company named Unicomp now manufactures the "IBM Model-M" keyboard with
> the buckling springs (they acquired the patents from Lenovo);
> http://pckeyboards.stores.yahoo.net/
>
> Check out their spacesaver model:
> http://pckeyboards.stores.yahoo.net/en104bl.html
>
> I'm thinking of orderding one myself, because I really liked the solid feel
> of those old model-M keyboards.

	thanks forthe url's, roland.  i'll fire up kmail and just-click
	on:-)

	[[
	somebody--was it chess? YES-- mentioned clickykeyvoards.com.
	wow. i thought hitler was the most hated thing; i'll bet this
	clickykeyboard.com get lots of hate mail.
	]]

	i'm old enough to remember *before* the ibm-selectric.  i knew
	when i hit a key/spaacebar with those monsters!  shook my desk.

	thanks to everybody!

	gary