{Spam?} Re: SCSI RAID on FreeBSD 7.0, where is the array?

ghostcorps at gmail.com ghostsblood at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 00:53:27 UTC 2008

Thanks for the quick reply!

I created the array in the Adaptec BIOS and confirmed it with an XP
installer disk, which gave me the option to install to the array as I
had named it.

 I have to apologise for not having the actual dmesg handy but
identifies the disks much like the example below, but with Seagate disks.

 It does not identify any striping or make any differentiation between
the discs other than the target id.
.

da0 at ahd0 bus 0 target 2 lun 0
da0: <MAXTOR ATLAS10K4_36WLS DFV0> Fixed Direct Access SCSI-3 device
da0: 320.000MB/s transfers (160.000MHz, offset 127, 16bit), Tagged Queueing Enabled
da0: 35074MB (71833096 512 byte sectors: 255H 63S/T 4471C)
da1 at ahd0 bus 0 target 4 lun 0
da1: <MAXTOR ATLAS10K4_36WLS DFV0> Fixed Direct Access SCSI-3 device
da1: 320.000MB/s transfers (160.000MHz, offset 127, 16bit), Tagged Queueing Enabled
da1: 35074MB (71833096 512 byte sectors: 255H 63S/T 4471C)

Regards