tex, teTex, LaTeX help

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Wed Jul 30 17:17:29 UTC 2008

On Wed, 30 Jul 2008 18:05:59 +0100, Glyn Millington <glyn at millingtons.org> wrote:
> "Joey Mingrone" <joey at mingrone.org> writes:
> > fonts, but it seems they are in the teTex port, but that port
> > conflicts with the tex port and it seems teTex is no longer being
> > updated.
>
> Alas the news about teTeX is true.

I'm very sad to hear this, allthough I'm always installing teTeX
via pkg_add -r, and I never found something not working anymore.
Is there any consideration to remove teTeX completely from the
ports tree, or is it still valid to keep using it?

(I use LaTeX for nearly everything: work, documentation, literature,
even for letters (dinbrief class), so I'm interested in this topic.)

Many thanks for pointing out how to get \LaTeX{} from TeXLive.

--
Polytropon
>From Magdeburg, Germany
Happy FreeBSD user since 4.0