Upgrade 6.2-Release to 7.0-Release - stuck!

Marc Coyles mcoyles at horbury.wakefield.sch.uk
Wed Jul 30 14:22:10 UTC 2008

Righty - now that I'm back from my wanderings I've managed to complete the
upgrade from 6.3 to 7.0-RELEASE, but am still getting issues with named not
starting. For reference, I pulled down a clean 7.0-R version of named.conf
and dropped it in as /etc/named.conf

/var/log/messages shows the following (lots):

	Jul 30 14:39:53 bigsis root: /etc/rc.d/named: WARNING:
run_rc_command: 	cannot run /usr/local/sbin/named

Weird thing? Course it can't run /usr/local/sbin/named as it ain't there -
it's at /usr/sbin/named, BUT, /etc/rc.d/named has the location correct so
I'm not sure where anything is getting reference to /usr/local/sbin...

Marc A Coyles
ICT Support Team (ext 730)
Mbl: 07850 518106