OT: encrypted email using web based application

Svein Halvor Halvorsen svein.h at lvor.halvorsen.cc
Wed Jul 30 13:15:04 UTC 2008

Andrew Gould wrote:
> If I start with Subject line with the word "secure" using my work's email
> system, the email is sent to a secure, web based application where the
> recipients can view the message securely.  The recipients receive a message
> that a secure email message is waiting for them there.  They have to create
> an account based upon their email address to view the message.  They do not
> have to recreate the accounts for future messages.
>
> This system is easy to use; and we don't have to worry about whether the
> recipients have PGP or GPG.  Is there an open source application that does
> this?

How is this secure? Ok, I can see that if the message is served over
https, then the network packages themselves cannot be sniffed
easily. But as long as the recipient did not give you the key to
use, then this is not secure. Why should the recipient trust the server?

Whether there is an open source solution, I don't know however.

	sv.