protecting my FreeBSD system

DSA - JCR juancr at dsa.es
Wed Jul 30 09:39:22 UTC 2008

HI all again

I would like to know if there is a method to know how well protected is my
system (FreeBSD 6.2) in order to not permit a user to enter as root.
I need it because I have intellectual propierty in that box, and I know
some people is interested on it.

I use inetd, and I have all ports disable except Samba because it is a
repository for Windows Docs in a network. (swap is not enable).

My root password is almost 20 chars with numbers, normal and capitals
letters, points.

there is a user that belongs to operator with a script for (un)mounting
USB disk in which I trap almost all signals (about 15).

thanks in advance

Juan Coruña
Desarrollo de Software Atlantico