Mail Heading to dead.letter

Andy Christianson andy.christianson.2 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 01:42:20 UTC 2008

Whenever I send any email from my normal user account, it goes straight to
dead.letter, even if I attempt to mail a local user. When I try to send mail
as root, it simply does not send. I have a very basic, updated FreeBSD 7.0
installation. Mail has not worked since I installed 7.0 about 42 days ago. I
am able to ping internet addresses as well as well as resolve domain names.

At the very least, can someone point me in the correct direction to start
debugging this? I have read relevant sections in the FreeBSD handbook as
well as sendmail manpages, etc.

Thanks in advance for any help!

-Andy