email disclaimer <insert; remove and instert>

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 19:10:14 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 9:19 PM, darko gavrilovic
<darko.listsniffer at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 11:13 AM, Odhiambo Washington <odhiambo at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> I can tell you it is "impossible". Why?
>> While you can actually write a script to try to do it, you'll more
>> likely end up breaking the e-mail format, because it will not be too
>> easy to rightly guess the content-type/boundaries in replies.
>> Well, take a look at procmail, with a client like mutt... you can do
>> fancy things, but not the type you want!
>
> You won't know if it's impossible until you try it and fail repeatedly and
> grow some gray hairs from the experience. :-)

Not growing grey hair, but losing all that you have, even!

> But back to topic, I can see something like this being scriptable. It might
> wind up being one of those scripts that only works on one mail client which
> has been configured to display email in a particular way -- but seems like
> it could be done.

If it was, it could have been done already.right now? There are
reasons why this cannot be done easily:
1. E-mail disclaimers are considered stupid
2. It's not easy to mangle all types the same of mail as composition
(mime type boundaries/content disposition) is always different.

Hey, but who says you cannot do it? Let's see what you come up with :-)

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,