whatkind of 19" LCD display??

Chess Griffin chess at chessgriffin.com
Tue Jul 29 03:22:10 UTC 2008

On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 17:51:48 -0700
Gary Kline <kline at thought.org> wrote:

> 	hi people,
>
> 	my tube is starting to show its age.  it's a "Hitachi
> superscan elite 751".   i don't know when it was manufactured but
> I've had it for 5 years.   besides it burning watts like crazy, it
> snaps from almost-full-width to full-width and back.  it's time to
> check around, and as always, i'm asking here first.
>
> 	i'm using an old, analog KVM box with four jacks, so whatever
> 	display i get has to have dual capability. both digital and
> analog-- eventually I'll need a new KVM box.
>
> 	so what are the top few makes of LCDs out there?
>
> 	thanks much,
>
> 	gary

I have been very happy with two identical Hanns-G HX191D 19" LCD
monitors I bought off Newegg about a year ago and I use them in a dual
head DVI setup (they have analog VGA inputs as well). I don't think this
model is sold there anymore, but there are many other Hanns-G models at
Newegg and they all seem to garner very good user reviews.  I like
Hanns-G because they make great screens at good prices.

--
Chess Griffin
GPG Public Key:  0x0C7558C3