rtorrent refuses to open bittorrent file

Ricardo Jesus ricardo.meb.jesus at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 16:32:31 UTC 2008

Norberto Meijome wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Jul 2008 01:20:05 -0300
> luizbcampos <luizbcampos at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>      As I am a new user to rtorrent I would like to know how to set it
>> up properly. After I had configured .rc.rtorrent when I type
>> --anyfile.torrent -- I got the answer that rtorrent is unable to open
>> such a file...
>>

> hey,
> what happens if you type /the/full/path/to/anyfile.torrent  ?

If you are using the default config and have a .torrent on your ~, load
rtorrent:

1. $ cd ~
2. $ rtorrent
3. press ENTER
4. press TAB for list of torrent in ~

To resume a download, if using the default config and with the .torrent
in your ~, do the same exact steps as above and the program will re-hash
and resume the download.

Hope I've helped.