Installing jdk on 7-Release: Has known vulnerabilities from 2005?

Torgeir Hoffmann twhoffma at student.matnat.uio.no
Wed Jul 23 22:13:15 UTC 2008

Hi,

when I try to install linux-sun-jdk16 from ports I get:

===>  linux-sun-jdk-1.6.0.07 has known vulnerabilities:
=> jdk -- jar directory traversal vulnerability.
   Reference:
<http://www.FreeBSD.org/ports/portaudit/18e5428f-ae7c-11d9-837d-000e0c2e438a.html>
=> Please update your ports tree and try again.
*** Error code 1

This refers to a vulnerability from 2005 (!). I get the same thing with
the 1.5 port.
I desperately want to avoid building the native version due to the fact
that I have a not that sporty laptop, and the packages from the freebsd
foundation is not available yet.

I have the latest portsnap port snapshot.

Hope somebody can help me. Is there any other way I can get the jdk
without building it?

Hope for quick reply,

Torgeir