ports dependency question

Manolis Kiagias sonic2000gr at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 15:50:33 UTC 2008

Andrew Gould wrote:
> I tried to install freemind from ports (ports/deskutils/freemind).  The
> installation failed because I am missing jdk 1.5*.  The Makefile requires
> java > 1.4.  diablo-jre-1.5.0.07.01_10 is installed.  Installing the latest
> binary via "pkg_add -r freemind" has the same results, so I don't think it's
> a question of needing to compile the java code.
>
> Does diablo not meet the java requirement?
>
> Should I need to install a java sdk?

Can't tell you about freemind, but lately I had trouble getting the
firefox java plugin to work with the jre only.

(which should work, according to the handbook:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/desktop-browsers.html
)

Once I installed the jdk, everything was fine, so it may be worth a try.