groups, using "www" as "kline"

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Mon Jul 21 18:08:16 UTC 2008

On Jul 21, 2008, at 10:50 AM, Gary Kline wrote:
> 	is there a way of modifing etcgroup to let me edit files
> 	chown'd www:kline as kline?  after all, i am in the wheel
> 	and operator group.

Presuming you are in the kline group also, and that the files are
group-writable, you should be fine.

On a fair number of sites I know of, there is a "webadmin" or
"wwwadmin" group setup which the users who should change webserver
resources are part of; but the apache www user is not a member of
this, so it can't change those files itself.

Regards,
--
-Chuck