FreeBSD source code

Malcolm Kay malcolm.kay at internode.on.net
Mon Jul 21 03:54:35 UTC 2008

On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 12:08 pm, Madana wrote:
> Dear sir/madam......
> I am a student studying computers and would like to build unix
> operating systems later on so i was browsing through your
> website for the source code but could not find it so it would
> be very very nice if you could give me the url of the page
> where i can get the source code...... Yours,
> KMB

Simplest is to do an installation say from CDs written from ISOs.
Options during installation install full source code for kernel
and basic utilities.

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/ISO-IMAGES/7.0/*

The same sources are available separately as:

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/7.0-RELEASE/src/*

install.sh in the same directory will unpack these.

Malcolm