How to divide up?

N. Raghavendra raghu at mri.ernet.in
Sun Jul 20 07:56:49 UTC 2008

At 2008-07-19T17:23:48-07:00, Gary Kline wrote:

> Is there an easyy way of splitting yp these tags into one-per-line?
> I'm not obcessive [[?, :)]], but for what I've got in mind, the tags
> and stuff would look better to my eyes?  ....the outcome of this
> will go ino a special database, not html .
>
> is there some clever perl one-liner ...

I suggest that instead of such ad hoc solutions, you checkout the port
`www/tidy'.  It provides a reasonable pretty printer for HTML.
However, it doesn't print every tag on a separate line.  I think its
behaviour in this respect is close to the style guidelines in the
FreeBSD Documentation Project Primer [10.1.4.2, Separating tags].

Raghavendra.

--
N. Raghavendra <raghu at mri.ernet.in> | http://www.retrotexts.net/
Harish-Chandra Research Institute   | http://www.mri.ernet.in/