vulnerabilities and installation options

tethys ocean tethys.ocean at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 17:58:24 UTC 2008

Hi

Today I ve installed freeBSD 7.0 to my new server than while installing
packet to it, I ve met with difficulties about php5 and php5-extension.  2
days before I ve installed a web server I havent meet this error msg, this
server running properly.  But today I met.

  Verifying install for /usr/local/lib/php/20060613/posix.so in
/usr/ports/sysutils/php5-posix
===>  php5-posix-5.2.6 has known vulnerabilities:
=> php -- input validation error in posix_access function.
   Reference: <
http://www.FreeBSD.org/ports/portaudit/ee6fa2bd-406a-11dd-936a-0015af872849.html

=> Please update your ports tree and try again.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/sysutils/php5-posix.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/lang/php5-extensions.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/lang/php5-extensions.

I ve run portupgrade -arR but result hasnt changed

I wonder

1-why today I met although this vulnerabilities is anounce in nearly May.
2-whey FreeBSD 7.0  dont give any options to user such
   a) this packet has a bla bla vulnerabilities do you want to continue
   b) or not (may be  give me and pacth this vulnerabilities if it has got.)

I can install with this options

# make -DDISABLE_VULNERABILITIES install

but I dont want since may be you have got much more better advise

--
Share now a pigeon's flight
Bluebound along the ancient skies,