Linux for freebsd admins

Norberto Meijome freebsd at meijome.net
Fri Jul 11 13:16:08 UTC 2008

On Fri, 11 Jul 2008 13:54:55 +0200
"Ross Cameron" <ross.cameron at linuxpro.co.za> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 1:51 PM, RW <fbsd06 at mlists.homeunix.com> wrote:
>

> > Try Gentoo
>

> Personally I find Gentoo too temperamental and a pain in the rear,... but
> YMMV

I'll have to agree here... first i thought, cool, you can customise most
things, build packages ala bsd... but it just was borked enough to really don't
make much sense. ( and no, i'm not really a linux newbie, started using
slackware in '95).

I've stuck to centos since then - v reliable when i can't use fbsd. and quite
easy to remove or not install ui.
{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong.
 No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there
first, and is waiting for it." Terry Pratchett, in "Reaper Man"

Warned.