compile agp kernel support

Mel fbsd.questions at rachie.is-a-geek.net
Fri Jul 11 12:45:12 UTC 2008

On Thursday 10 July 2008 21:48:35 Max Russell wrote:
> I need to compile nvidia agp support in to my kernel.

No you don't. nvidia agp is loaded through xorg.conf and requires that the
FreeBSD agp driver is disabled:
echo 'hint.agp.0.disabled="1"' >> /boot/device.hints

If your card for some reason does not work with nvidia's agp driver, then you
need to disable the nvidia agp driver in xorg.conf and remove that line.

Install x11/nvidia-xconfig and look at it's manpage to see that it can
autogenerate an xorg.conf file for you, with and without the nvidia agp.

--
Mel

    and never get to the software part.