PR - Incorrect confirmation code

Beech Rintoul beech at freebsd.org
Fri Jul 11 06:18:26 UTC 2008

On Thursday 10 July 2008, Martin Tournoij said:
> On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 08:35:38PM -0700, Unga wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I tried to submit a problem report over the web
> > (http://www.freebsd.org/send-pr.html) but on submit gives
> > following error:
> >
> > "Incorrect confirmation code
> >
> > You need to enter the correct code from the image displayed.
> > Please return to the form and enter the code exactly as shown.
> > Thank you."
> >
> > Its really "Thank you" from my part also, this Problem Report
> > wasted lot of my time :(
> >
> > Regards
> > Unga
>
> That sucks :-(
>
> In some browsers (Opera for example) you can press back and
> whatever you typed in forms will still be there ... Not sure how
> this works with other browsers ... Guess it's to late for that
> now...
>
> Other then this, I would recommend to _ALWAYS_, on any site/forum,
> copy content to a file and/or the clipboard before submitting it in
> a webform.
>
> You may also want to try using send-pr(1) included in FreeBSD base,
> IMO it works a lot better than the webform anyway.

If you prefer a GUI front end try gtk-send-pr (in the ports) It's a
nice gui for send-pr and doesn't mangle patches.

Beech

Beech Rintoul - FreeBSD Developer - beech at FreeBSD.org
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | FreeBSD Since 4.x
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail   | http://www.freebsd.org
 X  - NO Word docs in e-mail | Latest Release:
/ \  - http://www.FreeBSD.org/releases/7.0R/announce.html