PR - Incorrect confirmation code

Martin Tournoij carpetsmoker at rwxrwxrwx.net
Fri Jul 11 04:05:11 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 08:35:38PM -0700, Unga wrote:
> Hi
>
> I tried to submit a problem report over the web (http://www.freebsd.org/send-pr.html) but on submit gives following error:
>
> "Incorrect confirmation code
>
> You need to enter the correct code from the image displayed. Please return to the form and enter the code exactly as shown. Thank you."
>
> Its really "Thank you" from my part also, this Problem Report wasted lot of my time :(
>
> Regards
> Unga

That sucks :-(

In some browsers (Opera for example) you can press back and whatever you typed
in forms will still be there ... Not sure how this works with other browsers
... Guess it's to late for that now...

Other then this, I would recommend to _ALWAYS_, on any site/forum, copy
content to a file and/or the clipboard before submitting it in a webform.

You may also want to try using send-pr(1) included in FreeBSD base, IMO it
works a lot better than the webform anyway.

--
Martin Tournoij
carpetsmoker at rwxrwxrwx.net
http://www.daemonforums.org

QOTD:
It isn't easy being the parent of a six-year-old.  However, it's
a pretty small price to pay for having somebody around the house
who understands computers.