dns update for 7.0

Joshua Frugé joshuafruge at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 16:33:23 UTC 2008

I just joined the list (but did search the archive), so I apologize in
advance if this was already answered and I missed it.

What's the process to update the base bind in freebsd for the new
cacheing poisoning vuln that seems to be all the rage lately?

I'm running freebsd 7.0-RELEASE-p2 and I am using the included base
bind 9.4.2 as resolver for my network.  Will there be an update
through freebsd-update to upgrade to bind 9.4.2-p1, or is there some
other process I need to follow....compile source and replace?.

Thanks,

--
Joshua Frugé
joshuafruge at gmail.com