Set up keymap

Gonzalo Nemmi gnemmi at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 01:55:26 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 09 July 2008 22:33:29 Diego F. Arias R. wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I have installed XFCE on my freebsd but i dont know why my X keymap is
> wrong. I need latam on a normal console works but not in X how can i
> change the keymap?
>

> Thanks

ls /usr/share/syscons/keymaps/

Pick the one you need and set xorg.conf accordingly:

I'm using an english keayboard with international accents (my native tongue is
spanish so I need á,é,í,ó,ú,ü and ñ .. but I also need portuguese chars like
ç and ã, ê, ô and so on ...).

Here's my "InputDevice" section in xorg.conf

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier     "Keyboard0"
    Driver         "kbd"
    Option         "XkbModel" "pc105"
    Option         "XkbLayout" "us(alt-intl)"
    Option         "XkbOptions" "compose:rwin"
EndSection

If you have a spanish or latam keyboard, you'll probably need
latinamerican.iso.acc.kbd ... or latinamerican.kbd ... Maybe
spanish.iso15.acc.kbd .. play around with those until you find the one that
better suits your needs :)

Ultimate, and only authoritative, answer will be available at: man 4 kbd

Regards
--
Blessings
Gonzalo Nemmi