Execute the command when login

Matthias Apitz matthias.apitz at oclc.org
Thu Jul 3 05:21:15 UTC 2008

El día Thursday, July 03, 2008 a las 11:30:03AM +0800, ronggui escribió:

> My solution:
>
> add the command to ~/xinitrc
> ### content of ~/.xinitrc
> xmodmap ~/.xmodmaprc
> exec fvwm
> ###
> xmodmap must come before exec fvwm, otherwise it take no effect.

Of course it will not work if you put it after 'exec fvwm' because than
it will get executed after fvwm dies and perhaps Xorg terminates;

as I said in my post you must ensure to have a proper DISPLAY variable
in your environment and X must be up in the moment you lauch any
X-application; both are missing in your ~/.xinitrc above; try this:

make a file xmodmap.sh with

#!/bin/sh
DISPLAY=:0.0 export DISPLAY
sleep 10
xclock

put into your ~/.xinitrc the lines:

sh ~/xmodmap.sh &
exec fvwm

(don't miss the '&' sign!) and watch if the xclock comes up after fvwm is up;

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz
Manager Technical Support - OCLC GmbH