FB7.0 - ifconfig clone error - "SIOCIFCREATE2: Invalid argument"

Ross westr at connection.ca
Wed Jul 2 17:43:02 UTC 2008

R> My digging further shows that a patch was committed to
R> src/sys/net/if_clone.c (rev 1.11) which adds a new argument for
R> parameter data to the if_clone_create() function.

Ignore my further digging (I blame the holidays), I was looking at
if_clone_createif - not if_clone_create, which has a different number
of parameters.  The function if_clone_create checks out fine.

The issue looks to be something within /src/sbin/ifconfig/ifclone.c
and the ioctl setup of the interface.  <sigh>

R.