Let me re-phrase this:

Gary Kline kline at thought.org
Tue Jul 1 23:02:11 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jul 02, 2008 at 12:44:43AM +0300, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Jul 2008 14:27:08 -0700, Gary Kline <kline at thought.org> wrote:
> > I've spent hours looking around (both in ports and via Google) and
> > haven't found a font viewer that will let me preview all the fonts
> > I've collected.  Some are ghostscriptt, others are ttf; others are
> > labeled "system fonts" and the others don't show up on the utilities I
> > *have* found. Is there a viewer out ther that will display all fonts?
>
> No, not really.
>
> There are far too many font formats and locations to look for.  A few of
> the things that may affect the places and formats the `font viewer'
> would have to check are:
>
>   * Do you have PostScript fonts?
>
>   * Do you have TrueType fonts?
>
>   * Do you have a TeX installation?
>
>     + Does it support OpenType or TrueType fonts?

	I've got PS, TT, and TeX; never heard of OT.

>     + Do you have bitmap TeX font collections?
>
>     + What resolution do these bitmap fonts use?
>
>   * Do you have bitmap X11 fonts?

	And dont-knows to the last three.  At least I'm beginning to
	understand some of the issues, thanks Giorgos.  --Another
	point-of-interest is when I tried to creat a blue italix font
	from the New Century SchoolBook class.  GIMP couldn't do it at
	98pt; it was probably the default of 18pt/px.

	Back to the drawing/image widget.

	gary

--
  Gary Kline  kline at thought.org   www.thought.org  Public Service Unix