Too Much Context Switching? - FIXED

Josh Carroll josh.carroll at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 01:21:14 UTC 2008

> I will, probably as part of upgrading to 7.0 (which I may accelerate, given
> this point). I'm just ecstatic at the difference I'm already seeing, and
> specifically wanted to make note of it in the archives. Point very much
> taken, though. :-)

It's trivial to change to libthr, as pointed out earlier in this
thread. You simply add an entry/entries to /etc/libmap.conf (see man
libmap.conf for details) and then restart whatever it is that is
currently running against libkse.

I'll second Kris' recommendation to move to libthr. I saw a drastic
improvement in MySQL and ffmpeg performance on 6.2 when I switched
from libkse to libthr. Certainly 7.0 would give it to you
automatically, but there's no reason not to use libmap to use it now,
as an interim solution.

Josh