freebsd-update key error

Glenn Sieb ges at wingfoot.org
Tue Jul 1 00:06:49 UTC 2008

Rudi Kramer - MWEB wrote:
> Hey Robert,
>
> This error indicates that you are having some sort of connection issues,
> I for instance get it when  I forget to use our work proxy, here are
> some steps you can try to remedy the problem:
>
> 1) Can you resolve update1.FreeBSD.org?
> 2) Can you ping update1.FreeBSD.org?
> 3) Can you telnet to update1.FreeBSD.org on port 80?
>
> That should give you a idea on what the problem is.

Hi Rudi!

I can say that I'm getting the same issue as Robert, and I can answer to
the affirmative to all three of your questions.

I'm running:

FreeBSD 7.0-STABLE FreeBSD 7.0-STABLE #28: Sun Jun  1 10:35:27 EDT 2008
amd64

Thanks in advance...
Best,
--Glenn

--
...destination is merely a byproduct of the journey
           --Eric Hansen