915resolution on HP Compaq

Mike Barnard mike.barnardq at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 06:48:44 PST 2008

Hi, I have an HP Compaq 6720s laptop. I am trying to get X to display
at 1280x800 screen reolution.

I first set it up using  xorgconfig, but i failed to start X. I got an
error saying

intel: No matching device section for instance (BUS ID PCI:0:2:1) found
GARTInt Unable to open /dev/agpgart (No such file or directory)

I tried to use the 915resolution port and this is what it give me.

# 915resolution -l
Intel 800/900 Series VBIOS Hack : version 0.5.3

Intel chipset detected.  However, 915resolution was unable to
determine the chipset type.
Chipset Id: 2a008086
Please report this problem to stomljen at yahoo.com
#

I know that i have the Intel x3100 card and then 965GM chipset.

Has anyone managed to get X to display on a wide screen display at
1280x800 on this chipset?

Any assistance is appreciated.

Regards,

--
Mike

Of course, you might discount this possibility, but remember that one in
a million chances happen 99% of the time.