Network configuration in FreeBSD

Bhuvaneswari Ramkumar ramkumar at iastate.edu
Wed Jan 30 09:19:36 PST 2008

ifconfig em0 up also doesnt help ping my LAN.

the ifconfig -a output now reads the IP I just added, as well as the
net-mask & the 100 Mbps active linnk.

quick question :

I did an ifconfig em0 1.1.1.2  yday.should this be done everytime I restart
my application, is it some kind of a temporary address assignment, bcos
whatever I assigned was not visible today when I re-booted and I had to do
it again, probably I should set this in the conf file also ? maybe as
another user said my NIC is not enabled or something like that.