Vista / FreeBSD dual boot

Alphons "Fonz" van Werven a.j.werven at student.utwente.nl
Tue Jan 29 06:15:20 PST 2008

Aryeh M. Friedman wrote:

>>> During BSD install I select don't touch MBR, but anyway FBSD MBR
>>> overwrite Vista MBR and I lost my Vista.

>> Oh, btw: 6.3-RELEASE did the same for me,

> Using straight fdisk from the command line should avoid this.

No offense, but when installing from scratch using sysinstall, do you
actually have a command line available in that phase of the install?

If I'm not mistaken, you don't get the "emergency holographic shell"
until you commit, at which point disk partitioning has already been
done.

Alphons

--
VISTA - Viruses Intruders Spyware Trojans Adware