Network configuration in FreeBSD

Bhuvaneswari Ramkumar ramkumar at iastate.edu
Mon Jan 28 18:03:17 PST 2008

ok here u go, the exact output of the the commands:

#ifconfig -a

em0: flags=8802<BROADCAST, SIMPLEX, MULTICAST> mtu 1500
options=b<RXSCUM, TXSCUM, VLAN_MTU>
ether :0d:56:f0:f1:ba
media:Ethernet autoselect (100baseTX <full-duplex>)
status: active

plip0:flags=108810<POINTTOPOINT,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
lo0:flags=8049<UP, LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST> MTU 16384
inet 127.0.0.1 netmask 0xff000000
inet ::1 prefixlen 128
inet6 fe80 :: 1% lo0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x3