www/flock port fails to install

Chad Perrin perrin at apotheon.com
Mon Jan 28 01:48:43 PST 2008

When I try to install the Flock browser from the www/flock port, I get
the following error messages:

  ===>  flock-0.7_7 has known vulnerabilities:
  => firefox -- multiple remote unspecified memory corruption
  vulnerabilities.
     Reference:
     <http://www.FreeBSD.org/ports/portaudit/f1f6f6da-9d2f-11dc-9114-001c2514716c.html>
  => Please update your ports tree and try again.
  *** Error code 1

  Stop in /usr/ports/www/flock.
  *** Error code 1

  Stop in /usr/ports/www/flock.
  ** Command failed [exit code 1]: /usr/bin/script -qa
  /tmp/portinstall.80063.1 env make
  ** Fix the problem and try again.

Unfortunately, it's already up to date, according to my output from
portsnap:

  # portsnap fetch update
  Looking up portsnap.FreeBSD.org mirrors... 4 mirrors found.
  Fetching snapshot tag from portsnap1.FreeBSD.org... done.
  Latest snapshot on server matches what we already have.
  No updates needed.
  Ports tree is already up to date.

Am I missing something here?  Is the linux-flock port the only Flock
browser port that is currently maintained, for some reason?  Why is the
www/flock port still there if it's uninstallable without overriding dire
warnings about the End Of The World As We Know It?  Have I done something
dumb to my system so that it won't update the Flock port to a version I
can install?

I'm on FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE for i386 on this machine.  Thanks in advance
for your time.

Patrick J. LoPresti: "Emacs has been replaced by a shell script which 1)
Generates a syslog message at level LOG_EMERG; 2) reduces the user's disk
quota by 100K; and 3) RUNS ED!!!!!!"