suggested size of /var/mail

Byung-Hee HWANG bh at izb.knu.ac.kr
Mon Jan 28 00:26:59 PST 2008

On Mon, 2008-01-28 at 13:56 +0800, FreeBSD Daemon wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I am currently setting up a server which should include email service.
>
> Are there any smart ways to decide how to size /var/mail.
> I plan to put it on a seperate partition ... or shouldn't I?
>
> TIA for any related tips!

i do not have consideration for making /var/mail partition.
i just forward all mail to another place istead of /var/mail ;;

bh at jihad:~> du -sh /var/mail
2.0K    /var/mail

Sincerely,

--
"We have the peace and let me pay my respects to Don Corleone, whom we all
have known over the years as a man of his word."