full-screen multimedia jukebox software

Chad Perrin perrin at apotheon.com
Sat Jan 26 19:27:48 PST 2008

I'm looking for suggestions for full-screen playback multimedia jukebox
software.  It should maintain a full-screen display while playing,
showing the video when video is played and some kind of visualization
when audio is played, without showing the software controls on the
screen.  The intent is to provide jukebox-like functionality on a FreeBSD
platform on screens in a small venue (like a bar or nightclub, for
instance) so that both audio-only music and music videos can be played.

Open source software preferred, of course -- and most-preferred would be
a BSD-like license -- though proprietary/closed-source software is not
out of the question, as long as licensing costs are reasonable (aka
"cheap").

Kent Beck: "I always knew that one day Smalltalk would replace Java.  I
just didn't know it would be called Ruby."