why am i sending mutt mail with my FQDN??

Gary Kline kline at thought.org
Fri Jan 25 22:56:41 PST 2008

On Friday 25 January 2008 17:12:35 Chuck Swiger wrote:
> On Jan 25, 2008, at 4:50 PM, Gary Kline wrote:
> > The problem with t rying to use mutt, even when I reach my
> > mailserver on
> > aristotle.thought.org, is that *somehow* -- I do not understand how
> > -- but
> > for some reason, mutt tacks on the FDQN rather than simply my domain
> > name.
>
> [ ... ]
>
> > it never reached me at magnesium.net.  Can anybody clue me in?
>
> Sure.  If you want to masquerade a local machine's FQDN to just your
> domain name, follow the happy instructions from the FAQ:
>
>    http://www.sendmail.org/m4/masquerading.html

I couldn't find anythinng on the page you pointed me at. I added
MASQUERADE_AS() to both mc files, first one, then the other,
then both.   Would up breaking even this configuration.   I think that
the MASQUERADE_AS() functionality enables only to change
host+domain rather that rewrite the address only with the domain name.

--
Gary Kline  kline at thought.org   www.thought.org  Public Service Unix