RELENG_6_3 build fail -- signal 13 consistently

Lowell Gilbert freebsd-questions-local at be-well.ilk.org
Fri Jan 25 05:54:06 PST 2008

"Brian A. Seklecki" <lavalamp at spiritual-machines.org> writes:

> This is 6.3/amd64 release as a guest inside a vmware server (free) host:
>
>  ===> gnu/usr.bin/binutils/ar (install)
>  install -s -o root -g wheel -m 555   ar /opt/relchroot/usr/bin
>  *** Signal 13
>
> Make.conf has some sparing NO_ knobs set and:
>
>   COPTS=-pipe
>   CFLAG=-pipe

"CFLAGS" rather than "CFLAG"?  "COPTFLAGS" rather than "COPTS"?

13 is SIGPIPE, so one of those is probably related.
If you are setting CPUTYPE, don't set those, as you're overriding
default settings...

When you say "consistently" do you mean consistently in the same place?
If not, that would be very different than I'm interpreting the situation.