spamd-setup can't find spamd.conf

Colin Brace cb at lim.nl
Thu Jan 24 11:58:20 PST 2008

Hi all,

I am trying to set up spamd to work in conjunction with pf; as a
reference I am using chapter six from Peter Hansteen's "The Book of
BF", which I picked up today.

I've installed the spamd port, which many of you will know calls
itself obspamd under FreeBSD, and I have the daemon running now on my
v.7-PRELEASE system. But for some reason I can't update the blacklist
tables:

$ sudo /usr/local/sbin/spamd-setup -n
spamd-setup: Can't find "all" in spamd config: No such file or directory

Dan mentions this error message in his tutorial:

  If you get the following error message:
   # /usr/local/etc/rc.d/pfspamd start
  Starting pfspamd.
  spamd-setup: Can't find "all" in spamd config: No such file or directory

  then you probably forget to create /usr/local/etc/spamd.conf (see
above) or you removed the all section from it.

[full: <http://www.freebsddiary.org/pf.php> ]

Thing is, the file really is there and contains the "all" statement:

$ grep -A 2 all: /usr/local/etc/spamd.conf
all:\
        :uatraps:whitelist:

Anyone have any idea what is going wrong here?

TIA

--
  Colin Brace
  Amsterdam