IPv6 address persistent configuration thru ifconfig

Prabhu Hariharan prabhuh at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 04:32:15 PST 2008

Hi,

In host implementation, if I manually configure global ipv6 address via
ifconfig command then those addresses are not persistent after making the
interface DOWN and again UP, which is not the case for IPv4 addresses.  Is
this an intentional behavior that all ipv6 address needs to be removed from
interface if it goes DOWN?  I feel the configurations that have been made
manually, needs to get unconfigured manually and not programatically.

Regards,
Prabhu H