Throttle the CPU when the system is idle

Ghirai ghirai at ghirai.com
Mon Jan 21 09:44:22 PST 2008

On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 16:41:41 +0100 (CET)
Andreas Davour <ante at Update.UU.SE> wrote:

> Hmmmm. This actually works, without any hangups. I wonder if I managed
> to hit upon a odd bug yesterday?
>
> /andreas

I've been using it since 6.2 on 4 intel boxes (one of them a notebook)
without any problems.

You can check the available freq. steps with sysctl dev.cpu.0.freq_levels
and see the current speed with sysctl dev.cpu.0.freq.

Do make sure you set the debug.cpufreq.lowest to a sensible value, otherwise
things will be somewhat sluggish.

--
Regards,
Ghirai.