fsck_msdosfs failing

Ben Williams benw04 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 15:47:52 PST 2008

Wojciech Puchar wrote:
>> fsck_msdosfs.
>>
>> I am able to run top at the same time, as as far as I can tell, it
>> doesn't actually run out of memory - Mem has ~564k free, and Swap has
>> 158mb free at its lowest when fsck_msdosfs is running. It's an old
>> machine, with 192mb ram, and 359mb swap.
>
> but ulimit's defaults possibly limit memory...
> check ulimit -a

[ben at roma ~]$ ulimit -a
core file size          (blocks, -c) unlimited
data seg size           (kbytes, -d) 524288
max locked memory       (kbytes, -l) unlimited
open files                      (-n) 2656
pipe size            (512 bytes, -p) 1
stack size              (kbytes, -s) 65536
max user processes              (-u) 1328
[ben at roma ~]$

  - Ben