6.3 REL or not

Jerry McAllister jerrymc at msu.edu
Fri Jan 18 08:55:14 PST 2008

On Thu, Jan 17, 2008 at 08:56:32PM -0800, Jon wrote:

> Ok I was wondering around,
> Then found the 6.3 ISO's
>
> are these the real 6.3 release's ?

They are not release unless they say RELEASE.

Having said that, they are very much the same thing at this point.

> Can I use these ISO's as the
> 6.3 release CD's ?

You probably can.

> I am asking because I never saw a word of 6.3 REL being ready.

It hasn't been officially announced yet.
I suspect that final copies and mirrors are being built.
Maybe there was a little setback because I notice a couple of
security bug announcements a couple days ago.  So, they
probably had to start the builds over again with the fixes.

////jerry