external hard drive for mobile pc

Eric LaVoie mtericjl7 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 16 20:07:47 PST 2008

Will FreeBSD work if I install it on an external hard drive, connected to a mobile PC via USB or FireWire, as a partition ( the two partitions being the mobile PC's internal Hardrive and this external hard drive which I am asking about.)?
If the answer is yes: can you provide me with links to some documentation covering how I would create the partition on the external hard drive ( this partition would cover as much of this drive as possible with the internal one being used for Windows Vista.); and how I can burn bootable DVD-RWs from the .iso image files of FreeBSD which I downloaded from your site?
Thank-you for your time,
Eric