growfs and soft updates

Wojciech Puchar wojtek at wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl
Wed Jan 16 11:10:12 PST 2008

>> problem then+i've got zero sized file in lost+found that i was unable
>> to delete until i took off all strange flash with chflags.
>>
>> but i did it ONLY because i had no way to back it up.
>
> Personally I don't think it's worth the risk, unless the data is
> disposable like a squid cache. What I normally do is create a new
> partition and symlink things into it.

it was network users shared directory for movies music etc.
i already told them that i will probably remove it unless they will back
it up.

so i don't have to worry in case growfs would screw it up completely.

anyway where to send patches? i patched it to support sector size >512
bytes (i have geli with 4k sectors).