ps2pdf problem

Predrag Punosevac punosevac at math.arizona.edu
Sun Jan 13 13:18:01 PST 2008

Wojciech Puchar wrote:
>> For those unfamiliar with the package one needs to go through
>>
>> .tex --> .dvi --> .ps --> .pdf
>>
>> for graphics to display properly (pdflatex is not an option nor it is
>> dvipdfm)
>
> are you sure about .ps stage? there is pdflatex, makes perfect pdfs
Yes, I am sure:-). Powerdot class of presentations is designed to use PS
tricks and can not be compiled with pdflatex or should I say you can
compile but you will lose most of graphics and colors.

If you want to try let me know of the mailing list and I will send you a
file for you to try. By the way powerdot class is not included in the
standard teTeX distribution and has never been ported to FreeBSD. That
is way, I use TeXLive. On the same note teTeX port of FreeBSD doesn't
contain the fonts necessary for building the package from the
source(which is trivial), actually even worse it contains the older
version of fonts with lots of dependencies. teTeX is dead and the
efforts of the community should be directed towards porting TeXLive to
FreeBSD.

Best,
Predrag Punosevac