Shell Menu that populates from /var/db/pkg

Dan Mahoney, System Admin danm at prime.gushi.org
Thu Jan 10 22:19:08 PST 2008

Hello all,

I'd like to have a shell menu on my system that gives them available
programs they can learn, but that also "learns" from ports/packages which
options are available.  (I.e. it won't list every "branch" port, but will
list things from, say, editors, games, and possibly only "certain" things
from graphics (for example I'd like to list imagemagick's commands and/or
man page), but not gd (since gd is useless from a shell context).

Has anyone written something like this?  Or even close to?

-Dan Mahoney

--

"It's like GTA, except you pay for it, and you're allowed to use the car."

-Josh, on Zipcar on-demand car-rental, 3/20/05