need package name for setfacl command

Olivier Nicole on at cs.ait.ac.th
Wed Jan 9 00:18:33 PST 2008

> I am saravana, I am using FreeBSD 4.9 Release, in that setfacl command
> was not found. So I need found source package for that command to
> compile and use it. Can you send the name & link to download the
> package.

I am no expert but from the man page of setfacl I see:

HISTORY
     Extended Attribute and Access Control List support was developed as part
     of the TrustedBSD Project and introduced in FreeBSD 5.0.

That means that ACL were not supported in FreeBSD 4, so even if you
compile the command setfacl, you will not be able to use it.

Do you really need to stay wit FreeBSD 4.9? Upgrade to 5, or even 6 is
painless and highly recommended.

Bests,

olivier