jail on ZFS - "Unable to mount devfs"

Karsten W. Schmidt / DLX ApS ks at dlx.dk
Tue Jan 8 13:17:50 PST 2008

> not surprising, as step (4) @ .../handbook/jails-application.html had
> me
>
>    rm -R bin boot lib libexec mnt proc rescue sbin sys usr dev
<<<<<--

--
cd /home/j/skel
# rm -R bin boot lib libexec mnt proc rescue sbin sys usr dev
--

The root is in /home/j/mroot and nullfs mounted read only to the jail
root

> any suggestions ?

Dont do jail-appliations ... use a full world onside the jail
Here's a short draft from my playing around with ZFS and 7.0-RC1
http://gugge.dlx.dk/bsd/zfs-jail

Notice that I don't use the normal way of buildworld/installworld
to populate the jail. I just unpack the distfiles from the CD.

But a "make installworld DESTDIR=/jailpath" would do just fine too

--
Karsten