Fortune

Jim Bow jimbow at darq.net
Tue Jan 8 09:23:44 PST 2008

Jon Dowd wrote:
> Somehow there is nothing in my /usr/games directiory.
>
>  jondowd at samsara-02
> ~ $ ls -l /usr/games/
> total 0
>
>  jondowd at samsara-02
>

> How do I fix that?

I dont think the base games get installed by default, so you need to
install them yourself.

First, you need to acquire the sources for fortune and then build them
yourself using something like "make depend ; make ; make install"

You can get the fortune sources from a cdrom (just extract the
/usr/src/games distribution) or checkout the sources from cvs (you'll
need to create a supfile based on /usr/share/examples/cvsup/cvs-supfile).

Hope this helps.

Jim Bow