7.0-PRERELEASE installworld fails

Unga unga888 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 5 06:55:12 PST 2008

--- Boris Samorodov <bsam at ipt.ru> wrote:

> Hm, all this is just plain generic...
>
> ...but none should be compiled at installworld
> stage:

My buildworld.log shows following programs are already
compliled in this order without any error:
/usr/src/lib/csu/i386-elf/crt1.c
/usr/src/lib/csu/i386-elf/crti.S
/usr/src/lib/csu/i386-elf/crtn.S

and make installworld also try to compile
/usr/src/lib/csu/i386-elf/crt1.c.

> Did you by any chance change time while source
> updating or
> world building?

This is highly probable. I can remember after the year
change my system time was strangely wrong. I corrected
it, but cannot remember was it during while source
updating or world building.

> This may be an overkill but should do the job:
> # rm -r /usr/src /usr/obj
> <restore sources>
> # cd /usr/src
> # make buildworld
> # make kernel
> # mergemaster -p
> # make installworld
> # mergemaster -i

Sure, I'll delete /usr/src, /usr/obj and download
again the sources and give it a retry.

Regards
Unga