OT: fixing a broken key

Gerard gerard at seibercom.net
Sat Jan 5 04:40:04 PST 2008

On Fri, 4 Jan 2008 13:49:20 -0500
"Aryeh Friedman" <aryeh.friedman at gmail.com> wrote:

> After cleaning my keyboard by removing the keys and using a damp paper
> towel to clean the keys and the area between contacts (there is a
> barrier between the area under the keys and the contact so it is very
> unlikely the contacts got wet) my r key now registers as being
> constantly pressed.... any ideas on how to correct this?

I have spilled coffee on many keyboards myself. Quite frankly, unless
you have an expensive keyboard, why not just replace it? You can get a
generic KB for less than $10. Even if you have an expensive one, it
might well still be under warranty, in which case I would simply return
it for a replacement. IMHO, the time and effort, not to mention the
mental anguish spent on this venture is not time well spent.

Good Luck, you will probably need it.

--

Gerard
gerard at seibercom.net

Simulations are like miniskirts, they show a lot and hide the
essentials.

	Hubert Kirrman